Sunday, January 24, 2010

The National Cathedral

I realize I JUST left DC at the end of last month, so my recent 10 day visit (January 13-23) can't really count as travel, but to be honest, considering most of my time was spent in Glover Park instead of Mount Pleasant, it really did feel like visiting a new place. I had passed the National Cathedral hundreds of times over the past 5 years, but never got a good chance to stop. This time around, not only did I stop, but I realized a very important lesson- when you pass something and think to yourself that you would really like to see it, STOP, see it, because if you put it off once you will put it off twice, and before you know it, you will be leaving and wont have another chance.

This is the cathedral as seen from the northeast corner on a cloudy day, late in the afternoon.
The staircase leading up to the main space from the crypt...
A view looking east to west along the main nave.
Structural details in the ceiling
And finally, my home away from home... the Beecher St. House... I know they most likely will not be reading my blog, well all but Jen anyway, but thank you very much, girls, for allowing me to spend my time in your place while I was in town!

0 comments:

Post a Comment