Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Getting close...

I've been doing a poor job of keeping my blog updated, but I like to think that is simply because I haven't left yet.  Time, however, is running short here in Monroe, and exactly one week from today I should be about 6 hours into my ride.  Am I nervous?  Yes.  But I am equally as excited.  While on the phone last night, I compared my situation to sky diving... you might think you are completely ready to do it, but no one would fault you for being a bit nervous minutes before you are about to jump, right? 
Anyway, there are many things left to get done here before leaving... finish the third day of cleaning out my parents garage with them (tomorrow), transfer all my stuff from the various locations it currently resides into either the garage, my bedroom here, or into my 'to take with me' area, go to West VA with my dad for three days, clean, service, and pack my car... and well, I guess that is it.

For those of you who are wondering where I will go first... Im heading to Libertyville, IL which is just outside of Chicago... here is a picture of my first 'home-on-the-road'...

0 comments:

Post a Comment