Friday, February 12, 2010

I made it through day 1



I have to say- I never realized what it felt like to be a long distance truck driver... that is, until yesterday.  After packing the car up and a quick farewell breakfast with my friend Tom, I hit the road for 14 hours of driving.  What a long day it was.  I listened to just about everything that Sirius radio had to offer, talked to a bunch of people, stopped plenty of times to stretch my legs, but once I passed Chicago for the last 30 miles of driving, I knew I was close to my limit on what I could handle for one day.  I got into Libertyville around 9:15 pm (10:15pm east coast time) to a warm welcome from my friend Joe and his mom who helped me with my bags and showed me to my new room.
After settling in, Joe and I walked over to nearby bar for a few beers and some food.  It was good to catch up- but I was beat- so before long we came back and I think i was asleep before my head hit the pillow.  Today I am officially starting day one... I dont feel much different than I did yesterday, which is a good thing- but there is plenty to do.  Ill get back to this again after the weekend.

Here are some pics from the past two days:
Finishing packing the car at 715am before hitting the road
My parents


Mileage upon departure... 832 miles to go.

There was a big accident on Rt 80 East, apparently trucks are the only vehicles that travel on this road other than me.

Hello, Ohio.

Passing by cleveland

My new bedroom

Inside the house

Joe doing some work at the dining room table.  


0 comments:

Post a Comment