Tuesday, February 9, 2010

How do you pack for an endless trip?

The question has come up a few times, and I've always just brushed past it-  "Are you moving, or just taking a trip?"  The truth is, I have no idea, and that is becoming a problem as I try to pack.  I cleaned my car, put on the roof accessories, put in the cell phone holder, sunglasses holder, and even some air tight snack containers.  At this point, the car, for all intents and purposes, is empty, and ready to roll. 

The car(go), on the other hand, is one big mess of a situation.
(for those of you Monroe blog followers, notice the Mr. Cone t-shirt front and center- Cant leave town without one of those with me.

I hope to have this all sorted out by tomorrow, for tonight Im just going to have to clear the bed so I can sleep on it.  I guess I'll have to accept the fact that all my favorite things are not going to be coming with me.  How many t-shirts do you think I need?  How many pairs of socks?  Enough for one week?  2 weeks?  Usually I am a smart traveler and a good packer, I've learned the best methods the only way I truly believe you can when it comes to packing- experience.  But my travel over the past 10 years has been limited to either weekend, one week, or in some cases 10 days.., so this is certainly going to be a challenge, but one that I am up for, and I hope to come out of it a pro at 'extended trip-journey-adventure-light scale car move, packing'.

Update on the weather: The snow is coming down now, there looks to be about an inch on the road, and it is 1230am, so it looks like I have tomorrow to finish this up with hopes of a Thursday morning departure.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment